The year 2013 is coming to an end and it is a moment to review what has happened during the period.
The Foundation continued with its Microdonations project and has supported 12 projects this year starting by providing new furniture to a school in Ghana, Africa and ending by providing funds to a clinic in India to repair a structure used for a special type of therapy that helps children suffering from cerebral palsy.
Other projects included:
– a Human Resource Placement Program in Romania which assists young people coming out from Children’s Homes to find jobs and get adjusted to the society;
– purchase of an oil mill at a rural project in Burkina Faso, Africa;
– funding for a spirulina production project in Kenya, Africa;
– funding for women’s projects in India
– funding for a building construction of a school in Godda, India
– funding for Audio/Visual equipment for the use at Holistic Education Centers in Karumbalai
– funding for emergency relief work in Cebu, Philippines, following the typhoon
– purchase of furniture for a school in Brahmapur, India
– purchase of equipment for a homeless feeding project in Los Angeles, USA.
When we look back, it feels that something was accomplished and that the Foundation was able to benefit a number of people throughout the world, in Africa, India, Philippines, USA, and Romania. Much more can be done and we hope to increase the scope of our activities in 2014 to meet the challenging needs of the underprivileged people in the world.